Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sailboat Basic Diagram

December 2010 - Birth una bella collaborazione con Squires Kitchen :o)

The photo below: Mississippi - Box of Chocolates from Ceri Griffiths DD



There are words, usually from those people very important to us, you come straight to the heart, there are deposited and remain to settle.

To tell this story, I must return to last summer, when in the month of Luglio, andai con Michela e Kristina in UK per frequentare il corso tenuto dal “mio” Eddie.

Come ho già detto nel post dedicato a quel viaggio ci fu un’occasione in cui Eddie ci chiese di “insegnare” quest’arte, per evitare che scomparisse. “Keep this art ALIVE “ furono le sue parole.

Queste, come dicevo, mi sono rimaste nel cuore… e vi hanno piantato radici sempre più profonde.

Ma cosa avrei potuto fare, io, per aiutare il “mio” Eddie?
Certo, quando posso, realizzo qualche torta decorata anche con la ghiaccia reale e la pubblico on my blog ...
Then, just recently, I was asked to take a course, and even that is a way to spread the passion for this art.

But I wanted something more.

It happens, sometimes, to live what I call "delusions" ... projects that I appear in the mind, almost like sweet dreams ...
So about a month ago, in one of these moments, I begin to ask, but why not to translate the book of "my" Eddie in Italian? I know for a fact that many have bought here in Italy, although written in English, and I also know that many have appreciated though not knowing the language in which it is written. I was, and still are, convinced that his book, translated into Italian, would be even more widespread here in Italy.

And of course I wanted to translate it myself.

First, because Eddie Spence is the person who, together with Yukiko , made me fall in love decorating with royal icing.
Second, because I knew, I was able to figure out which person is beautiful, not only admired for his extraordinary ability when he was holding a cone with the ice real well because ... I find it hard to explain ... but I SO: somehow I can perceive, to see his soul. And what I see ... it's beautiful.

Without thinking too much, then, I wrote, speaking of this project. In fact, I did not write to him, but Tracy, her companion, who answered me saying that Eddie was supposed to go from Squires Kitchen after a few days and he would talk too. At the same time advised me to try writing myself, Squires proposing my idea.

And, taking my courage in both hands ... I did.

I would not even read my email ...
Instead, a few days later, here begins a correspondence between myself and the publishing division of Squires Kitchen, where I say I am very interested in other foreign markets, including Italy.

Speaking of the translation of the book, I explain that already have their own translators who have specialized knowledge on the subject. But he added, to publish the book, Eddie, and then translate it, they must print a thousand copies: this to keep its price reasonable. Proceed to print a thousand copies, makes it almost certain, for their part, to sell more or less in the space of a year ...

But ...

have a proposal for me: You may be interested, to begin to translate the articles published in their journals?

But of course you! : D

know that I love the ice real, but I also offer other items that could translate: projects addressing the "Novelty Cakes" - "Modelling" (cakes decorated with sugar paste which provide for the modeling of characters, dolls, etc..) but also "Sugar Flowers" (Floris Paste Sugar Flowers made - the gum paste -: a particular type of sugar paste that can be rolled very thin and it becomes very hard, a when dry).

articles of cakes and of course the English tradition, totally covered and decorated in royal icing.

From here, the idea to involve more of my two dear friends in this project: Michael and Tamara.

Michael, who loves flowers ... is best suited to follow the articles regarding the sugar paste flowers.

Tamara, who loves the cakes with the characters, has extensive experience in this field ... it is very suitable to deal with the articles on Novelty Cakes / Modelling.

And I, finally, with my passion per la Royal Icing e per il “mio” Eddie... mi occuperò della traduzione degli articoli che riguardano le torte con la ghiaccia.

Inutile dire che le mie dolcissime amiche si sono entusiasmate tanto quanto me a questo progetto…

Siamo un team.

Ho quindi scritto a Squires, proponendo questa idea e come risposta subito mi hanno spedito sei progetti, due a testa, da tradurre.

Questo è il progetto che tradurrà MICHELA  : Fiori di Alstroemeria e Nocciolo di Lesley Bassett:



This is the project that will translate TAMARA: The Drummer of Karen Taylor:



The project that I will translate what the picture is starting post: Mississippi-box of chocolates DD Ceri Griffiths.

The same candles that I often read the English translation of the British Sugarcraft Guild ... the same Ceri wrote some time ago, too, on that very forum, that he would do his best to keep this art alive. ..

We're almost ready: by tomorrow everything should be fine. Networking the first three translated articles on our blog, happy and enthusiastic to start this new adventure, awareness, and a bit 'scared, projects that will translate to some great masters of decoration such as:

DD Ceri Griffiths - the ice for real
and Lesley Bassett Paddi Clark - for sugar flowers;
Karen Taylor and Jan Clement-May - for Novelty / Modelling.

E 'adventure, this, that we take all three together purely and simply for the passion that unites us to the art of Sugarcraft. Eager to spread it, with our small means, even here, at certain levels. Aware that
there is none, or almost, "literature" in Italy.

And I do it mostly for "my" Eddie ..

For you Eddie: This is what can I do in my own small way to help. Because your art is really, and I am happy and honored to give my little contribution to spread, at least a bit 'in my country.

Eddie That's for you: this is what I can do, in my little way, to help you to keep alive the art of Royal Icing. Because what you do is REAL ART, and I am so happy and honored to give my contribution to spread it, a bit at least, in my country too.

Donatella

0 comments:

Post a Comment